Monday, October 29, 2007

News from Nichola



Hello!

It's good reading up on the blog as there are so many things mentioned that I forget to tell too! I HAVE been on the skyrail and i DID go to the Tjapukai centre - that was fun. They did a good show for us acting out as Cassowary birds (3rd biggest found here in rainforest) and other animals. I got to throw a boomerang (not very well!) and a spear too. Nanny the Great Barrier Reef is the biggest best in the world, you can see it from space! It's been top of my list of things I want to see for years! It's where all the fish and exciting underwater things are... I saw a stingray and a turtle and giant clams the same as in that picture you've put up! I took my underwater camera with me so hopefully it worked and you can see. Some people saw white-tipped sharks but I missed out... maybe I'll spot them when I sail the whitsundays tomorrow. I think Elise is heavier than my Joey Oliver, and they were about the same age. Give her a hug from me! So did Sophie go on any rides?! Did Addy-poo get his car fixed?

Hope everybody's well. I'm going to grab some lunch.


In 1987, a cross-cultural group of entertainers created Australia's first Aboriginal dance theatre in the small village of Kuranda, near Cairns.
Operating out of a hastily renovated shopping centre basement, Tjapukai Dance Theatre offered the first ever opportunity for tourist visitors to experience and interact with Australia's 40,000 year old culture.

Today, Tjapukai's show business has become the most awarded Aboriginal cultural attraction in Australia and is credited with enhancing reconciliation locally, nationally and internationally.

Tjapukai showcases the culture of the rainforest people of Tropical North Queensland.

Situated on 25 acres of land owned by the Tjapukai people at Caravonica, north of Cairns, Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park is a stunning theatrical interpretation of Aboriginal culture from the beginning of time into the future.

Seven separate arenas allow visitors to experience every facet of the rainforest people's culture - from the provocative History Theatre to the inspiring Creation Theatre, and the original Dance Theatre and the interactive Camp Village, where visitors can learn didgeridoo playing and boomerang throwing.




Speak soon!

LOVE from Nichola xXx