Wednesday, November 21, 2007

News from mum

Hi Nic

Thought I would email you this time rather than text. It was great to receive your parcel today with the DVD with your pictures on it. It all looks fantastic particularly the wondering sunsets and also the pictures on yourself and fellow travellers are good to see. I also liked the baby kangeroos they are so sweet. As you know it bought tears to my eyes and I couldn't even read the card to dad down the phone! silly me!!

You ask a lot about what is happening hear - well not a lot really, nothing changes. Don't expect too much re the bathroom. Dad has been working hard tiling and we had his friend here to plaster as you know because we had holes in the walls!! but its starting to look better although we have no bath or wash basin so everyone is using the shower and all washes and teeth cleaning happen in the kitchen now. Still I expect you won't find it too much of a pain. You never know things may have moved on by the time you get back.

Dad has gone to Langley with Sophie because she has got mad keen on going to Kenya for four weeks in 2009 as part of a World Challenge expedition. The cost is £3,500 and she says she intends to raise the cash herself but first of all she has to get selected. We will see!!

I have been wearing my lovely necklace since it arrived - thank you so much again. I really enjoyed my birthday. In the day I went to the Kings Road with Bev. She bought me lunch in Peter Jones in the Brasserie which was lovely and afterwards we had a make over which was scarey! Then we did some shopping, coffee and home. A good day. In the evening we went to Coombe Lodge as you know and had lots of fun and food. I had loads of lovely presents, including my one carat diamond eternity ring from dad which is gorgeous and a lovely watch from nan and grandad. It was a very special day and one I shall always remember. Thank you to everyone who made it so good for me xx

Can't believe its nearly time for you to come home already although it does also seem a long while since you left. I shall have to wash your bed soon! Seems that Emma and me will be picking you up from the airport. Grandad has offered too but I think we will be the ones. Thanks for the offer though dad.

Going out tonight with Lee and Steve - I think she has got a present for me. Seems I have been partying all week. Take care my darling, miss you and love you lots XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX